Wednesday 19 August 2015

Inside And Out

Hello my Friends!
As you know art journaling holds a very special place in my heart. I love it for its freedom, for it being a safe space for all my artsy experiments and emotional entries. :)

The journal below was created during my Frozen In Time class.
I really love this workshop as it means 8 hours (yes, that's right!) of unlimited journal fun. :)
You can read more about this class here and today I'd like to show you an example of what we do there.

First, we focus on creating a super special journal cover:


Step by step we color resist canvas, create interesting textures with my Art Basics line and of course have enormous fun creating all the decorations with lace, buttons, metal embelishments and Art Ingredients.


A little bit of shabby, a hint of grunge, a dose of romantic feel to it all and voila - you end up with a unique project to hold all sorts of inspirations.


Intrigued? There's more.

Remember I mentioned this class takes 8 hours? It means we have enough time to break a blank page in our journals and open up to new creative possibilities.


Yes, indeed - we find the time to create a journal spread together.
What I really enjoy is the fact that these pages are made mainly thanks to all the lefovers that we find on our tables after decorating the cover. Isn't such art recycling fun? :)


You probably noticed all the textures here - we experiment and learn how to make custom mixed Art Extravagance pastes with a couple of layers of stencils and different Art Ingredients.


Feeling inspired?
Don't hesitate - grab your journals and try something new or better yet - join me during my live classes and we'll have some art fun together! :)



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh such fun, a very inspired project!

talkis23 said...

Wow Oh that yes I am inspired. Already one year which I have took the class with you. I am bored. It was so much a dream. One day will reproduce her its I am there sure. thank you for sharing us your beautiful passion.

Caroline D. said...

So very gorgeous!! love the colors you used on this one!

Nupur said...

Oooo wow....inspiring project as always..i love its feel and look...so amazing..xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely in love with that journal cover...and fabulous journal page...love all that texture and colour...

Elen ArtCrafts said...

I love it! I adore your work and I am so inspired of it! Thank you so much for sharing it!

smokeysmom said...

This is probably my favorite of your classes. I just wish you could come to Oregon some day so I could take a live class or three with you:) Hugs, Maggie

P.S. Your husband is doing a great job filling Mixed Media Place orders in your absence:)

Kathy Bradley said...

If I win the huge lottery, I am traveling to all of your different classes - all the while seeing the world too. Wonderful dream!!! Your journal is most beautiful with wonderful textures, colors and the pages are lovely as well.

Kathy G. said...

Everything you create inspires me, but, this journal is gorgeous. I told my husband all I want for Christmas is a class with you. Amazing!

mamablitger said...

As Kathy Bradley in the comment above said : winning the huge lottery would be the perfect option to join all your different classes. Oh gosh I would LOVE it.... I could really use the inspiration of being with mindliked and have some playmates.. I love and adore your art ! This journal as well. Fabulous colors, lovely texture and gorgeous embellishment items... Oh it's AWESOME !!!!!
Thank you for sharing. Hope your next tour of classes goes to Southern Spain.....
Hugs from Monica.... Spain

Unknown said...

I love the color and journal spread Finn!!! Your classes ROCK and I'd love to take this one. Enjoy your down time! xx

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Such a beautiful cover, so soft and elegant, just stunning. I love the inside pages also. I wish I had the guts to start journal...but I am scared because I am not a painter at all...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...