Monday 23 April 2018

Art Journal Thoughts

Hello Friends!
Among other reasons, I love art journaling for how simple it is to create a unique work of art to express yourself and have a lot of fun at the same time! Simply pick some pretty papers, your favorite colors of paints and stamps patterns and voila. :)

Tanyalee created a gorgeous new art journal spread and she proves you don't need tons of supplies to make something personal and utterly beautiful. Enjoy!

*  *  *  *
Hi everyone, Tanyalee here and today I have a simple art journal spread designed to show you how versatile Finnabair products are and how you can use them in your journals.
I started with a layer of vintage papers as collage ephemera glued down with Soft Matte Gel Medium.
From there I added a layer of Heavy White Gesso to mute the background a little.

Next, I grabbed my gelli plate, Impasto Paints (which work beautifully with this technique) and some of Finnabair's stamps to colour the background and to create some texture.
If you like a bit of shimmer in your works, try playing with Opal Magic acrylic paints and/or Mica Powders - you'll love the result!
I added some illustrations and journaling using acrylic ink, a nib and a paint brush. I told you the page was simple!

And finished it off with an image transfer using Soft Matte Gel again. This is one of my favourite techniques for adding images, but not having them overpower the spread.
Please, enjoy my step by step video, I hope you'll feel inspired!








And that concludes my journal making tutorial.
Have you ever made your own journal?
If so, I’d love to see them, tag me on Instagram, I’m @tanyaleekahler, so I can see them.

Yours in messiness



Products used:

1 comment:

NancyO. said...

This is such a great idea to transfer ! Your page is beautiful !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...