Thursday 19 April 2018

Mixed Media Minutes - Altered Brush

Hi my friends!
Have you heard about my Mixed Media Minutes - FB Live shows I've been doing lately? If you missed the previous one, here you can find the link to the blog post including the project and recorded tutorial!

Last week I was streaming live again - and this time I wanted to encourage you to play with some simple (but fun!) altering techniques. I picked an old 2'' flat brush as my victim - and here are the results!
The whole idea of altering is really close to my heart: I love collection old, forgotten or not used items and include them in my art as ingredients or repurposing them creating home decors, collages and many other projects which are hard to name! It is pure joy to see them shining again, attracting attention, asking to touch them and admire!
The whole process of altering was not long at all - and the main products I've used were Art Alchemy Impasto Paints, Metallique Waxes, Micro Beads and of course - some Art Basics 3D Gel as my adhesive for all the elements and embellishments.

Below you can see the recording of the FB Live show - I know it is getting blurry during the painting process, but I have to blame the bad internet connection! I hope you will forgive me this technical glitch we had... joys of living in the countryside!


Here are the products I've used linked for your convenience to Mixed Media Place Store:

Products you can see in the tutorial are available (except the wing mould and resins) in the craft stores all over the world. If you feel inspired just grab some stuff and create!
For US and Canada we have a great news though. this week only there is 40% discount on my products at Michaels Stores!!! Great chance to refill, build your stash or just try the products! And yes - it also applies to all online orders - so don't miss this chance!

If you like the idea of the Live Shows - please stay tuned and subscribe to my FB Page, so you will get the updates from me about next shows, blog posts, projects and more! You can also find this info on my Instagram accounts here and here if you prefer this social medium :)

See you very soon - and huge hugs

2 comments:

Hindi Song Lyrics said...

Great Blog

mamablitger said...

Hi my Friend
Thank you for another lovely video showing how you created the fabuloous brush. It was such a pleasure watching your video and to hear your talking whilst creatiing. I always enjoy to see and hear you and to learn from you. Great to see all the gorgeous products in use.
Congrats on getting your products in Michaels Stores. Allthough it makes me sad realizing that some of the Prima products only is being sold at Michaels. I know Prima products are popular worldwide. Thats why it is unfair that some products are unavaible to people outside USA and Canada. And they even get coupons on discounts we can only dream about.
But I wanted to thank you for this great video !!
Hugs to you Monica
Spain

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...