Monday 7 May 2018

Seaside Memories

Hello on Monday, my Friends!
Karolina's here today with a new altered frame beautifully inspired by her recent trip to the seaside.
What a great example of staying open to inspirations that await all around us... I'm sure you'll feel inspired too!

*  *   *   *
Hello all! I've just returned from a short holiday trip by the seaside and I’m feeling very inspired by the blue palette, nature and light I could experience.
So I decided to capture some of my memories and impressions in this new altered frame of mine.
To add color to my frame, I used two of my favorite Impasto paints: Jade and Snow White (Jade creates a gorgeous impression of patina and Snow White always helps me makes the whole work more cohesive) and for some delightful shimmer - Metallique and Sparks paints (you will find all the links below).

Seaside makes me think of all kinds of beautifully weathered textures so I reached for Clear Crackle Texture Paste. This paste gives best effects when it air-dries slowly and although it is transparent, it has a creamy finish.

I used Art Alchemy Waxes to add eye-catching final touches. You can use them to create the shading or highlight all the elements you'd like to accentuate.
As for my embellishments, I used some paper flowers, metal elements, Melange Art Pebbles that work amazing on practically every project, a wooden window from Prima and decor mold shapes.

Of course I couldn't resist and added some beautiful Glitter from the 'Abloom' set, Glass Glitter and different sizes of Art Stones.
All of these products wonderfully emphasized the textures, filled the composition and helped me create the unique atmosphere of my work.

All the elements were glued with my favorite adhesive - 3D Gloss Gel.
 I hope you'll feel inspired by my step-by-step video, please enjoy!







Do not be afraid to experiment with colors. Try out different color paettes and color combos.
Just have fun and don't worry too much if something doesn't work out, you can always try again!
do not be serious because something has not worked out.
This is how you grow your wings... :)

Happy creating!
Karolina







Products used:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...